To run Joomla on web hosting, you need to follow these steps:
- Choose a reliable web hosting provider: Look for a web hosting provider that supports Joomla and has a good reputation. Consider factors like server performance, uptime, customer support, and pricing.
- Purchase a hosting package: Select a hosting package that meets your requirements. Ensure that it supports the necessary PHP and MySQL versions required by Joomla.
- Create a database: Most hosting providers offer a control panel, such as cPanel, where you can create a new MySQL database. Note down the database name, username, and password, as you will need them during the Joomla installation process.
- Download Joomla: Visit the Joomla website (https://www.joomla.org/) and download the latest stable version of Joomla.
- Upload Joomla files to your hosting account: Use an FTP client, such as FileZilla, to connect to your web hosting account. Upload the Joomla files to the public_html directory or the folder where you want to install Joomla.
- Go to your website: Open a web browser and visit your website by entering the domain name or the subdirectory where you uploaded the Joomla files.
- Install Joomla: Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process. During installation, you will need to provide the database details you created earlier. Fill in the necessary information and click on the "Next" button.
- Customize your Joomla website: After the installation is complete, you will be directed to the administrative backend of Joomla. From there, you can customize your website's appearance and functionality, install extensions, and create content.
Remember to regularly update Joomla and its plugins, themes, and extensions to ensure optimal security and performance.