To create a new user in phpMyAdmin, follow these steps:
- Open phpMyAdmin in your browser by typing its URL in the address bar. For example, if your server's URL is http://localhost/phpmyadmin, navigate to that address.
- Login to phpMyAdmin using your username and password.
- Once logged in, click on the "Users" tab located at the top navigation bar.
- On the Users page, click on the "Add user account" link.
- Enter a username for the new user in the "Login Information" section.
- Select "Local" or "Host" as the "Host name" option, depending on whether you want to create a user for the local host or allow connections from remote hosts.
- Enter a password for the new user in the "Login Information" section.
- In the "Database for user" section, select the database(s) that the user should have access to. You can select multiple databases by holding down the Ctrl key (or Cmd key on Mac) and clicking on the database names.
- Specify the privileges for the new user in the "Global privileges" section. You can grant full privileges or specific privileges for the selected database(s).
- Click on the "Go" button to create the new user.
After completing these steps, the new user will be created in phpMyAdmin with the specified privileges and database access.