To create a new database in phpMyAdmin, follow these steps:
- Open phpMyAdmin in your web browser. This can be done by typing "localhost/phpmyadmin" in the address bar if you have a local server setup, or by accessing your server's phpMyAdmin URL.
- Once in phpMyAdmin, click on the "Databases" tab in the navigation menu.
- On the "Create database" section, enter a name for your new database in the "Database name" field. This name should not contain any spaces or special characters.
- Choose an appropriate collation for your database. This determines how the characters in your data are sorted and compared. If you are not sure, you can leave it as the default option.
- Click on the "Create" button to create the new database.
You should now see your new database listed in the left-hand column of phpMyAdmin. You can then create tables and import data into the database as needed.