To change the password of a user in phpMyAdmin, follow these steps:
- Open phpMyAdmin in your preferred web browser.
- Select the database that the user belongs to from the left-hand sidebar.
- Click on the "Users" tab at the top of the page to view a list of users in the database.
- Locate the user whose password you want to change and click on the "Edit Privileges" icon (a pencil) next to their name.
- In the page that appears, scroll down to the "Change password" section.
- Choose the option "Use text field" and enter the new password for the user in the text box.
- Make sure to select the correct authentication plugin in the "Authentication Plugin" dropdown menu. By default, it is set to "Native MySQL authentication" for new installations.
- Click on the "Go" or "Save" button to save the changes and update the user's password.
The password for the user will now be changed to the new one specified.