To revoke privileges from a user in phpMyAdmin, you can follow these steps:
- Open phpMyAdmin in your web browser and login with your MySQL username and password.
- Select the database where the user has privileges from the left panel.
- Click on the "Privileges" tab at the top of the page. You will see a list of all the users with their respective privileges for the selected database.
- Locate the user for whom you want to revoke privileges and click on the "Edit Privileges" icon (a pencil icon).
- This will open the privileges page for the selected user. Scroll down to the "Privileges" section.
- To revoke certain privileges, uncheck the corresponding checkboxes. For example, if you want to revoke the "SELECT" privilege, uncheck the box next to "SELECT".
- If you want to revoke all privileges, you can simply click on the "Revoke All" button to revoke all the privileges for the selected user.
- After making the necessary changes, click on the "Go" button at the bottom of the page to save the changes.
The selected user will now have their privileges revoked for the specified database.