To switch between Git branches, you can use the
git checkout command. Follow these steps:
- First, make sure your branch is clean. Commit any pending changes or stash them if necessary.
- Open the command-line interface or terminal in the directory of your Git repository.
- Use the following command to list all available branches:
The branch you are currently on will be highlighted with an asterisk (*).
- To switch to an existing branch, run the command:
- Git will update your working directory with the files from the newly switched branch.
If you make changes while on a branch and want to switch to a different branch without committing those changes, you can either commit those changes, stash them, or discard them.