To clone a subset of git branches, you can follow these steps:
- Open your terminal or command prompt.
- Navigate or create a directory where you want to clone the repository.
- Use the git clone command followed by the repository URL. For example:
- Change your working directory to the cloned repository:
- List all the remote branches available in the repository:
git branch -r
- Create a local branch to track each remote branch you want to clone:
git checkout -b
- After creating all the desired local branches, you can start working with them or switch between branches as needed. For instance:
git checkout branch1
That's it! Now you have cloned and created local branches for the subset of branches you wanted from the git repository.