To set up phpMyAdmin with SSL/TLS encryption, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have SSL/TLS enabled on your web server. You will need an SSL certificate installed and configured.
- Locate the phpMyAdmin configuration file, typically named config.inc.php. This file is usually located in the phpMyAdmin installation directory.
- Open the config.inc.php file in a text editor and locate the following line:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';
Replace 'localhost' with the hostname or IP address of your MySQL server.
- Below the line you just modified, add the following lines:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['ssl'] = true;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['ssl_key'] = '/path/to/private_key.pem';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['ssl_cert'] = '/path/to/certificate.pem';
Replace /path/to/private_key.pem with the file path to your private key, and replace /path/to/certificate.pem with the file path to your SSL certificate.
- Save the config.inc.php file and restart your web server.
- Access phpMyAdmin using the HTTPS protocol, for example: https://your-domain.com/phpmyadmin.
Now phpMyAdmin will use SSL/TLS encryption to communicate with your MySQL server.