To set a default value for a column in phpMyAdmin, you can follow these steps:
- Access your phpMyAdmin interface.
- Select the database you want to work with from the left-hand panel.
- Click on the table name that contains the column you want to set the default value for.
- Once you have selected the table, click on the "Structure" tab at the top of the page.
- Locate the column you want to set the default value for and click on the "Change" link next to it.
- In the "Default" field, enter the desired default value for the column.
- Click on the "Save" button to apply the changes.
Now, whenever a new row is inserted into the table and no value is specified for the column, the default value you set will be automatically inserted into that column.