To customize the phpMyAdmin login page, you can follow these steps:
- Navigate to the phpMyAdmin installation directory on your server.
- Locate the "themes" directory within the phpMyAdmin installation. Typically, it is located at phpMyAdmin/themes.
- Create a new directory inside the "themes" directory with the name of your desired theme. For example, if you want to name your theme "custom", create a directory called phpMyAdmin/themes/custom.
- Inside the new theme directory, create a subdirectory called "login".
- Copy the default "login.css.php" file from the phpMyAdmin installation's "themes/original/css" directory into your newly created "login" directory.
- Open the copied "login.css.php" file in a text editor.
- Modify the CSS code in this file to customize the appearance of the login page. You can change colors, fonts, layout, and add your own styles as needed. Save the file when you are done.
- Optionally, you can also customize the login page logo by replacing the default phpMyAdmin logo. To do this, create a new image file (PNG or GIF format) with your desired logo and save it in your theme's "login" directory. Name the file "logo_left.png" or "logo_left.gif".
- Once you have made all the desired customizations, open the "config.inc.php" file located in the root directory of your phpMyAdmin installation.
- Add or modify the following line if it does not already exist:
$cfg['ThemeDefault'] = 'custom';
Replace "custom" with the name of your theme directory.
- Save the "config.inc.php" file.
- Reload the phpMyAdmin login page, and you should see your customizations applied.
Note that customizing the phpMyAdmin login page may require some HTML and CSS knowledge. It's recommended to backup your phpMyAdmin installation and files before making any modifications.