To rollback on a file import in MySQL, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the MySQL Command Line Client or any other MySQL client software.
- Connect to your MySQL server using the following command:
mysql -u your_username -p
Replace your_username with your MySQL username. You will be prompted to enter your MySQL password.
- Select the database where you imported the file:
Replace your_database with the name of your database.
- Disable autocommit for the session to ensure that changes are not committed automatically:
- Import your file using the source command:
Replace /path/to/your/file.sql with the actual path to your SQL file.
- If you want to rollback the import, use the following command:
This will undo the changes made by the import process.
- After rolling back, you can enable autocommit again by executing the following command:
- Finally, you can exit the MySQL client by typing:
That's it! You have rolled back the file import in MySQL.