To remove an index from a table in phpMyAdmin, you can follow these steps:
- Open phpMyAdmin and select the database containing the table from which you want to remove the index.
- In the left-hand navigation panel, click on the table name to open its view.
- Once you have opened the table's view, look for the "Structure" tab at the top of the page. Click on it to switch to the structure view.
- In the structure view, you will see a list of all the columns in the table. Scroll down until you find the "Indexes" section.
- Within the "Indexes" section, you will see a list of all the indexes defined on the table. Find the index you want to remove and click on the trash bin icon or the "Drop" link next to it.
- phpMyAdmin will prompt you to confirm the removal of the index. Click on "OK" to proceed.
- Once you confirm the removal, phpMyAdmin will execute the SQL command to drop the index from the table. A success message will be displayed.
That's it! The index has now been removed from the table in phpMyAdmin.