To update records in a table using phpMyAdmin, follow these steps:
- Log in to phpMyAdmin.
- Select the database that contains the table you want to update from the left-hand sidebar.
- Once the database is selected, you will see a list of tables within that database. Click on the table you want to update.
- After selecting the desired table, click on the "Browse" tab in the top navigation menu.
- A table view will be displayed, showing the existing records. Locate the record you want to update and click on the "Edit" button (represented by a pencil icon) next to it.
- You will now be in the Edit mode for that record. Modify the values you want to update in the corresponding fields.
- Once you have made the necessary changes, click the "Go" button at the bottom right of the page to save the updated record.
- phpMyAdmin will display a message indicating that the record has been updated successfully.
Note: It is important to be cautious while updating records in a table as the changes are immediate and permanent.