To launch Drupal on Vultr, you can follow these steps:
- Sign up for a Vultr account if you don't already have one. Go to the Vultr website (vultr.com) and register for an account.
- Once you have an account, log in to the Vultr dashboard.
- Click on the "+" button to create a new server.
- In the "Choose Server" tab, select your preferred server location and server size. You can choose any server size based on your requirements. You can also select your desired operating system. Most commonly, Drupal is installed on a Linux-based OS, like Ubuntu or CentOS.
- In the "Server Hostname & Label" section, enter a hostname for your server and give it a label for identification purposes.
- Under the "Additional Features" section, you can add extra options like automatic backups or select a private network if needed. These are optional, so you can skip them if not required.
- Click on the "Deploy Now" button to create and launch your server.
- Once the server is created, you will receive an email with the server login details including the IP address, username, and password.
- Connect to your server using any SSH client (e.g., PuTTY for Windows or Terminal for Linux/Mac). Use the provided IP address, username, and password to log in.
- After logging in, you need to install a web server (e.g., Apache or Nginx), PHP, and a database server (e.g., MySQL or MariaDB) on your server. You can refer to Drupal's official documentation for the specific software versions and configuration requirements.
- Download the latest Drupal release from the Drupal website (https://www.drupal.org), and extract the files into the appropriate directory on your server.
- Configure your Drupal installation by following the Drupal installation wizard, which involves setting up the database connection, website details, and admin account.
- Once the installation is complete, you can access your Drupal site by entering your server's IP address or domain name in a web browser.
That's it! You have now successfully launched Drupal on Vultr. You can further customize and manage your Drupal site through the Drupal admin dashboard once you log in.