Here are the step-by-step instructions to install Drupal with composer:
- Open your command line interface (CLI) or terminal.
- Navigate to the directory where you want to install Drupal. For example, if you want to install it in your user's home directory, you can use the command:
- Run the composer create-project command followed by the drupal/recommended-project package name and the path where you want to install Drupal. For example:
composer create-project drupal/recommended-project /path/to/your_drupal_project
Replace /path/to/your_drupal_project with the actual path where you want to install Drupal.
- Composer will now install Drupal and its dependencies. This may take a while depending on your internet connection and system performance.
- Once the installation is complete, you can navigate to the installation directory. For example:
- From here, you can run the necessary commands to set up Drupal and configure your website. This may include commands like:
Installing Drupal core: composer install drupal/core
Creating the Drupal database: bin/console database:create
Installing additional modules/themes: composer require drupal/
Note: Composer requires PHP and Composer itself to be installed on your system. Make sure you have both installed before proceeding with these steps.