To rename a database in phpMyAdmin, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to phpMyAdmin using your username and password.
- Once logged in, you will see a list of databases on the left-hand side. Locate the database you want to rename and click on it.
- After clicking on the database, a list of tables within that database will appear in the main panel of phpMyAdmin.
- At the top of the page, you will see a menu bar with various options. Click on the "Operations" tab.
- In the "Operations" tab, you will see a section called "Rename database to." Enter the new name for the database in the provided field.
- Click on the "Go" button located at the bottom right corner of the page. This will execute the rename operation.
- phpMyAdmin will display a confirmation message indicating that the database has been renamed successfully.
Please note that renaming a database may have implications for any applications or scripts that are using that database. Make sure to update any relevant configuration files or code to reflect the new database name.