There are several ways to check the Magento version:
- Admin Panel: Log in to the Magento Admin Panel and scroll down to the bottom of the page. The Magento version will usually be displayed in the footer.
- Composer: Navigate to the Magento root directory in your command line interface and run the command:
composer show magento/product-community-edition | grep versions
This will display the installed version of Magento.
- Readme file: In the Magento root directory, look for the "README.md" or "README.txt" file. Open the file and search for the version information.
- Composer.lock file: In the Magento root directory, locate the "composer.lock" file and open it. Search for the line that starts with "magento/product-community-edition" to find the installed version.
- Database: Access the Magento database using a database management tool such as phpMyAdmin. Look for the "core_resource" table and search for the row with the code "Mage_Core_setup". Check the "version" column to find the Magento version.
Using one of these methods, you should be able to determine the version of Magento installed on your website.