To view the execution plan of a query in phpMyAdmin, follow these steps:
- Open phpMyAdmin and select the desired database.
- Click on the "SQL" tab at the top of the page to open the SQL query window.
- Type or paste your query into the SQL query window.
- Before running the query, click on the "Query Profiling" button located on the right side of the SQL query window. It looks like a stopwatch.
- Click on the "Go" button to execute the query.
- After the query execution is complete, scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will see a "Profile" section.
- Click on the "Explain" link in the "Profile" section to view the execution plan of the query.
- The execution plan will be displayed, showing the steps and estimated costs of executing the query.
Note: The ability to view the execution plan in phpMyAdmin may depend on the version and configuration of your phpMyAdmin. If the "Query Profiling" button or "Explain" link is not available or does not work, you may need to upgrade your phpMyAdmin or consult the documentation for your specific version.