To run webpack-bundle-analyzer, you need to follow these steps:
- Install the webpack-bundle-analyzer package globally using npm or yarn by running one of the following commands in your terminal:
npm install --global webpack-bundle-analyzer
yarn global add webpack-bundle-analyzer
- Navigate to the root directory of your project in your terminal.
- Build your webpack project with the production configuration. Assuming you have a webpack config file named webpack.config.js, run the following command:
webpack --config webpack.config.js --mode production
- After the build is complete, you can generate and open the bundle analysis report by running the following command:
Replace ./dist/stats.json with the actual path to the generated stats.json file in your project.
- The above command will start a local server and open the bundle analysis report in your default browser.
Ensure that you have a webpack configuration for your project and have the necessary dependencies installed. The
stats.json file is generated by webpack and contains the bundle information required by webpack-bundle-analyzer to generate the report.