To publish your Drupal website on Hostinger, follow these steps:
- Sign up for a hosting plan: Visit the Hostinger website and choose a suitable hosting plan that meets your requirements. Complete the registration process and make the payment.
- Access your hosting control panel: After signing up, you will receive an email with login details to access the hosting control panel. Use the provided username and password to log in.
- Create a new database: In the control panel, look for the "Databases" or "MySQL Databases" option. Create a new database by entering a name, username, and password. Remember these details as you will need them later during the Drupal installation.
- Upload Drupal files: Use an FTP client or the built-in file manager in the hosting control panel to upload the Drupal files. If using an FTP client, connect to your hosting account using the provided FTP credentials and upload the Drupal files to the public_html or www directory.
- Setup Drupal: Open a web browser and enter your domain name. The Drupal installation wizard should start automatically. If not, the Drupal installation files may need to be placed in a subdirectory (e.g., public_html/drupal) rather than the root directory. Follow the on-screen instructions to configure Drupal. When prompted for database details, enter the database name, username, and password you created earlier.
- Configure Drupal settings: After the Drupal installation is complete, you may need to configure additional settings. Refer to the Drupal documentation for specific instructions on setting up your website, including themes, modules, and content.
- Update DNS settings: If your domain name is not already pointed to Hostinger's nameservers, you will need to update the DNS settings with your domain registrar. In the Hostinger control panel, you can find the necessary nameserver details to use.
- Update site URL: In Drupal's settings, you may need to update the "site URL" to match your domain name. This ensures that all website links and URLs function correctly.
Once you complete these steps, your Drupal website should be live and accessible to visitors on Hostinger. Remember to regularly update Drupal core, themes, and modules for security and performance improvements.