To install Bagisto on DreamHost, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your DreamHost account and navigate to the "MySQL Databases" section in the control panel.
- Create a new database for Bagisto by providing a name and clicking on the "Create Database" button.
- After creating the database, you need to create a new user with access to that database. Scroll down to the "MySQL Users" section and click on the "Add a MySQL User" button.
- Enter a username and password for the new user and click on the "Create this MySQL user" button.
- Associate the newly created user with the database by selecting the user and the database from the dropdown menus. Click on the "Add this user to database" button.
- Now, you need to download and install Bagisto on your DreamHost account. Connect to your DreamHost account using SSH or SFTP.
- Navigate to the directory where you want to install Bagisto. For example, if you want to install it in the "public" directory of your domain, navigate to "yourdomain.com/public/".
- Download the Bagisto source code from the official GitHub repository using the following command:
git clone https://github.com/bagisto/bagisto
- Once the download is complete, navigate to the "bagisto" directory using the command:
- Install the required dependencies using Composer by running the following command:
- After running Composer, create a .env file using the example file provided:
cp .env.example .env
- Open the newly created .env file using a text editor and modify the database connection settings. Update the following lines with your database details:
- Generate a new application key using the following command:
php artisan key:generate
- Run the database migration and seed the database by running the following command:
php artisan migrate --seed
- After the migration is completed, configure your web server to point to the public directory of Bagisto. If you're using Apache, create a new virtual host or modify an existing one to point to the "public" directory of Bagisto.
- Set appropriate permissions for the storage directory by running the following command:
chmod -R 755 storage
- Set appropriate permissions for the bootstrap/cache directory by running the following command:
chmod -R 755 bootstrap/cache
- Finally, visit your Bagisto installation URL in a web browser, and you should see the installation wizard. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
That's it! You have successfully installed Bagisto on your DreamHost account.