To find the MySQL error log file on Windows, follow these steps:
- Open the MySQL installation directory, which is typically located in C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server.
- Look for a file named my.ini or my.cnf in the installation directory and open it with a text editor.
- Search for the log_error directive in the configuration file. It should have a path to the error log file specified.
For example: log_error = C:ProgramDataMySQLMySQL Server X.XDataerror.log
- If you find a path specified for log_error, navigate to that location in File Explorer.
- If you didn't find the log_error directive in the configuration file, MySQL may be using the default location for the error log file. On Windows, the default location is C:ProgramDataMySQLMySQL Server X.XDataerror.log, where X.X represents the version number of MySQL installed.
- In File Explorer, navigate to the default error log file location or the location you found in the my.ini file.
There you will find the MySQL error log file, where you can view and analyze any error messages.