To create a new Symfony project, follow the steps below:
- Make sure that you have Composer installed on your system. If not, download and install it from the official Composer website (https://getcomposer.org/).
- Open a terminal or command prompt.
- Navigate to the directory where you want to create your new Symfony project.
- Run the following command to create a new Symfony project:
composer create-project symfony/skeleton myproject
Replace "myproject" with the desired name for your project.
- Composer will download and install all the necessary files and dependencies for your Symfony project. This may take a few minutes depending on your internet connection.
- Once the installation is complete, navigate to the project directory by running:
- You can now run your Symfony application using the built-in PHP web server. Run the following command:
php -S localhost:8000 -t public/
- Open your web browser and go to http://localhost:8000. You should see the Symfony default page.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a new Symfony project. You can now start building your application using Symfony's powerful features and components.