To create a new route in Symfony, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the routes.yaml file located in the config/routes/ directory of your Symfony application.
- Add a new route definition in the routes.yaml file using YAML syntax. For example, the following code defines a new route that maps to the exampleAction method of the ExampleController:example_route:
In this example, example_route is the name of the route, /example is the URL path that maps to the route, and AppControllerExampleController::exampleAction is the fully qualified name of the controller method that will handle the request.
- Save the routes.yaml file.
- Clear the Symfony cache by running the following command in your terminal:php bin/console cache:clear
- Test the new route by navigating to the URL path you defined in the routes.yaml file.
That's it! You have successfully created a new route in Symfony.