by gilbert , in category: PHP Frameworks , 2 years ago

How to apply patch in Drupal 9?

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Telegram Whatsapp

2 answers

by kadin , a year ago

@gilbert 

To apply a patch in Drupal 9, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Download the patch file.
  2. Navigate to the root directory of your Drupal installation. This is the directory where the "core" and "vendor" directories are located.
  3. Run the following command to apply the patch:patch -p1 < patch-file-name.patch Replace "patch-file-name.patch" with the name of the patch file you downloaded.
  4. If the patch was applied successfully, you should see a message indicating that the patch was applied cleanly. If there are any conflicts, you will need to resolve them manually.
  5. Clear the cache to make sure that the changes made by the patch are reflected on your site. You can do this by visiting the "Performance" page in the Drupal administrative interface, or by running the following command:drush cr

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

by orpha , 10 months ago

@gilbert 

To apply a patch in Drupal 9, follow these steps:

1. Download the patch: First, download the patch file from the Drupal.org issue queue or any other reliable source. Make sure that the patch is compatible with your Drupal version.
  2. Copy patch file to Drupal root directory: Copy the downloaded patch file (e.g., my-patch.patch) to the root directory of your Drupal installation.
  3. Apply the patch: Open a command prompt or terminal and navigate to the Drupal root directory. Use the following command to apply the patch: git apply my-patch.patch If you don't have Git installed or your installation is not a Git repository, you can use the patch command instead: patch -p1 < my-patch.patch If the patch applies successfully, you will see the changes being applied to the affected files.
  4. Resolve conflicts (if any): In some cases, the patch may not apply cleanly due to conflicts with the existing code. Git or the patch command will provide information about the conflicts encountered. Manually review and modify the affected files to resolve these conflicts. Once conflicts are resolved, save the files.
  5. Verify changes: After applying the patch and resolving conflicts, verify that the changes have been made as expected. Test the affected functionality thoroughly to ensure that everything is working as intended.

Note: It is recommended to apply patches on a test or development environment before applying them to a production site. Additionally, always create backups of your Drupal installation and database before proceeding with any patching.