Shopify offers various payment options to merchants. Some of the commonly available payment methods include:
- Shopify Payments: This is Shopify's built-in payment gateway that allows merchants to accept credit and debit card payments directly on their online stores. It supports major credit cards including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
- PayPal: Shopify integrates with PayPal, allowing merchants to accept payments through customers' PayPal accounts.
- Third-Party Payment Gateways: Shopify supports over 100 third-party payment gateways, including popular options like Stripe, Authorize.net, and 2Checkout. These gateways enable merchants to process payments securely.
- Alternative Payment Methods: Shopify also accommodates various alternative payment methods, such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, and Shopify Pay. These methods offer convenient checkout experiences for customers using respective platforms.
- Cash on Delivery (COD) or Bank Deposit: Merchants can also offer customers the option to pay in cash upon delivery or via bank deposit. These options are useful for merchants who want to offer flexible payment choices.
- Manual Payment Methods: Shopify allows the creation of manual payment methods, where merchants can accept offline payments through checks or money orders.
It's worth noting that the availability of payment options can vary based on the merchant's location and the plan they are on.