To use Linux variables in the .env file of Vue.js, you can follow these steps:
- Create a .env file in the root directory of your Vue.js project.
- Open the .env file and define your Linux variable with the VARIABLE_NAME=value syntax. For example: VUE_APP_API_KEY=myapikey123.
- In your Vue.js project, add the following code to access the Linux variable from the .env file:
const apiKey = process.env.VUE_APP_API_KEY;
You can then use the
apiKey variable in your Vue components.
- The prefix VUE_APP_ is necessary in the variable name to make it accessible in Vue.js.
- Make sure to restart the development server after making changes to the .env file for them to take effect.