To specify a different .env file for PHPUnit in Laravel, you can follow these steps:
- Create a new .env file in the root of your Laravel project.
- Open your phpunit.xml file located in the root of your Laravel project.
- Inside the section of the phpunit.xml file, add the following line:
- Specify the path to your new .env file within the section as follows:
- Update the script section of your phpunit.xml file to include the following:
This ensures that the environment variables are set correctly before running the PHPUnit tests.
- Save the phpunit.xml file and run your PHPUnit tests using the following command:
PHPUnit will now use the specified .env file for the tests.