To set the
innodb_buffer_pool_size in MySQL 8, follow these steps:
- Open the MySQL configuration file. The location of the file may vary depending on your platform:
Windows: C:ProgramDataMySQLMySQL Server 8.0my.ini
- Look for the [mysqld] section in the configuration file.
- Add the following line under the [mysqld] section to specify the value for innodb_buffer_pool_size:
- Save the configuration file.
- Restart the MySQL service to apply the changes.
innodb_buffer_pool_size determines the size of the memory buffer that InnoDB uses to cache data and indexes. It is recommended to set the value to a substantial portion of the available RAM on the server, but not more than 80% to leave room for other processes and the operating system.