To restrict a user to use only one plugin in WordPress, you can follow these steps:
- Install and activate the "User Role Editor" plugin from the WordPress repository.
- Go to "Users" -> "User Role Editor" in your WordPress admin panel.
- Select the user role you want to restrict (e.g., "Subscriber" or "Author") from the "Select Role to Edit" dropdown.
- Click on the "Capabilities" tab.
- Scroll down until you find the "Plugins" section.
- Check the box next to "Activate Plugins" to allow the user to activate and deactivate plugins.
- Uncheck the boxes next to all plugins except the one you want the user to be able to use.
- Click the "Update" button to save the changes.
Now, the selected user role will only be able to activate and deactivate the permitted plugin. They won't have access to any other plugins in the admin panel.