To redirect an existing post URL after changing the slug in WordPress, you can follow these steps:
- Login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to the "Plugins" section and click on "Add New".
- Search for the "Redirection" plugin and install it.
- After installation, activate the plugin.
- Once activated, go to the "Tools" section and click on "Redirection".
- On the Redirection settings page, you'll find two fields: Source URL and Target URL.
- In the Source URL field, enter the old URL or slug of your post.
- In the Target URL field, enter the new URL or slug where you want to redirect the old URL.
- Click on the "Add Redirection" button to save the changes.
- Now, whenever someone visits the old URL, they will be automatically redirected to the new URL.
Note: Make sure to save the changes after adding the redirection. Also, it's always a good practice to create a backup of your website before making any changes to avoid any data loss.