To install Yii framework on your computer, you need to follow the steps below:
- Check the system requirements: Before installing Yii, make sure your computer meets the following system requirements:PHP version 7.4 or higherWeb server (such as Apache or Nginx)Composer (PHP dependency manager)
- Install Composer: If you don't already have Composer installed on your system, you can download it from https://getcomposer.org/ and follow the installation instructions.
- Install Yii using Composer: Once Composer is installed, open a command prompt and run the following command:composer global require "fxp/composer-asset-plugin:^1.4.4"
This command will install the Composer Asset Plugin which is required by Yii to manage its assets.
- Create a new Yii project: After installing the Composer Asset Plugin, you can create a new Yii project by running the following command:composer create-project --prefer-dist yiisoft/yii2-app-basic myproject
Replace "myproject" with the name you want to give to your project.
- Test the installation: Once the project has been created, you can test the installation by starting a local web server and accessing the application in your web browser. To start the web server, navigate to the root directory of your project and run the following command:php yii serve
This command will start the built-in web server of Yii. You can then access your application by opening your web browser and navigating to http://localhost:8080/
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Yii framework on your computer.