To delete the "uncategorized" category permanently in WordPress, follow these steps:
- Log in to your WordPress admin panel.
- Go to the "Posts" tab in the left-hand sidebar and click on "Categories".
- You will see a list of existing categories. Hover your mouse over the "uncategorized" category.
- Click on the "Delete" link that appears underneath the category name.
- WordPress will ask you to confirm the deletion. Ensure that you have no posts assigned to this category before confirming the deletion.
- Once confirmed, the "uncategorized" category will be permanently deleted from the list of categories in your WordPress site. Any posts previously assigned to this category will be automatically reclassified to the default category.
Note: It is generally recommended to assign all posts to appropriate categories to organize your content effectively. If you do not want to use categories, you can assign a different default category for new posts in the WordPress settings under "Writing".