To use your own domain with Shopify, follow these steps:
- Purchase a domain: If you don't already have a domain, you can purchase one from Shopify or from a third-party domain registrar.
- Connect your domain: Once you have a domain, you'll need to connect it to your Shopify store. Log into your Shopify admin dashboard and go to the Online Store > Domains section.
- Add your domain: Click on the "Connect existing domain" option. Enter your domain name and click "Next".
- Configure DNS settings: Shopify will provide you with DNS settings that you need to add to your domain's DNS records. Access your domain registrar's settings and update the DNS records with the provided settings.
- Verify domain setup: Once you've updated the DNS settings, go back to your Shopify admin dashboard and click on the "Verify connection" button. Shopify will check if the DNS settings have propagated correctly.
- Set your primary domain: After the connection is verified, set your custom domain as the primary domain for your Shopify store.
Keep in mind that DNS propagation can take some time, usually a few hours, but it can sometimes take up to 48 hours for the changes to fully take effect. Once the DNS settings have propagated, your custom domain will be fully functional with your Shopify store.